Board Breaking, Grading & 1-Step Comp: The Gap
The past month at Sun Bae The Gap has been fun! We've settled back into our home hall at Hilder Rd Primary School (on Kaloma Rd) at The Gap. Everyone has been itching to show what they have learned since lock-down with:
- Board breaking
- 1-Step sparring competition
Breaking boards with the board-breaking machine (thanks Master Bradley!) was popular and a lot of fun. Our 6th Gup (and above) students took part in an exciting board breaking lesson led by Instructor Ben. We have the video breaking action too, check it out!
Spurred on from Adam's Blackbelt grading success in August, we've had several successful applications for interim ranks at The Gap. the results are as follows:
- Red III - Full Red: Jess and Jacob. Both smashed their side-kick and round-kick double boards. See Jess in action here.
- Red III - Blue Stripe: Greg, Roman, and James. All displayed a very good 1-Step, Knife defense, and Self-defense demonstration.
- Red III - Yellow Stripe: Natalie was steadfast with her patterns (poomsae) and delivered a nice performance.
- White - Red Stripe: Joel achieved his white belt with Red stripe. Joel will soon be ready for Sun Bae's November grading.
- White - Yellow Stripe: William had his first ever grading at Sun Bae and was successful.
- White - Orange (Cub) Stripe: Henry, our youngest Taekwondo student at The Gap, earned his orange Cub's stripe!
We look forward to all students above moving forward, black belt one day.
1 STEP TECHNICAL DEMONSTRATION
To round out September, our Mixed Class has furiously been developing 1-Step Sparring routines in expectation of Sun Bae The Gap's Competition. The winners will be announced on October 6th, so stay tuned!
Our Junior class spent the school holidays making Action Movies inspired by Master Bradley's Old Man routine (click here to view).
You can view our coach's choice video: Jack and Zion on this page.